Good letting agents will:
1. Belong to the National Approved Lettings Scheme.
2. Clearly show you all the costs you would incur throughout a tenancy period
3. Have fully trained staff.
4. Be able to access a legal company on your behalf with any tenant/landlord queries.
5. Ensure your statements are clear and that there are no ‘hidden’ charges that appear.
6. Send clear and accurate statements on a monthly basis.
7. Look after tenant issues without asking you to solve the problem.
8. Ensure the rent goes into your bank account 3 – 5 days after they receive it.
9. Not charge excessively on costs and disbursements, for example EPCs, maintenance work, and tenancy deposit protection.
10. Understand the importance of accurate inventories and carefully co-ordinated check in and check-out procedures.